Committees will assist with the operational activities of MTB Kingston under the governance of the Board.
- Social – Organize events that are not focused on riding or trail building
- Trail Work – Work with the General Manager to lead our program of trail and feature building, and to develop plans to maintain our existing trails.
- Race & Riding – Organize the existing race events (6 Hour, Summer Classic, Night Eliminator), and develop new race or ride-focused events
- Youth & Kids – Develop and support programming for young members; (race, skills etc…)
- Trail Ambassador – Grow our Trail Ambassador program; see here: https://survey.alchemer-ca.com/s3/50081080/Ambassador-Volunteer-Registration-MTBK-2020
Terms of Reference:
The board will appoint the committee chair, co-chair and members and each will serve a term of two years. The board may fill vacancies on the committee and may remove a member from the committee at any time without cause.
The committee shall have a minimum of three members and a maximum of five members, all of whom shall be MTB Kingston members.
The committee has no expressed or implied power or authority.
The committee will report its activities to the board at least on a quarterly basis.
The committee will meet at least quarterly and more often as needed. A majority of the committee members shall constitute a quorum. The committee chair will keep a copy of the committee meeting minutes and forward a copy to the Secretary of the Board of Directors. The committee chair may invite any Director, Officer, staff member, expert or other advisor who is not a member of the committee to attend but these individuals have no power.