It’s here… the culmination of all those winter Zwift rides, the skipping cheat day meals, all the gym work, the base miles, the intervals… check the bike… it starts this Wednesday Sept 4.
Welcome to WEDNESDAY NIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! (WNWCs)
The three race series kicks off September 4 and here is what you need to know to be ready:
– WNWCs are ~1hr long savage xc mtb race / ride events!
– Multiple short track laps of a closed course.
– Open to ALL MTBK members and 100% free.
– Course map will not be posted, so show up early to preride or get the basics from the race day course preview video.
– There will be passing lanes, singletrack, sand, mud, gravel, grass and a lot of pain.
– We run rain or shine, we stop only for thunderstorms.
– Mens/Womens/SS/Under-something categories with event and series standings.Other questions, let me hear them in the comments.Race Day Schedule:
– Pre-ride opens at 430pm
– Racers chat at 545pm near the barn
– WNWC #1 start at 6pm near the barn
Don’t be anxious to ride these events, they’re all for fun, a good way to meet people and a great way to test yourself. If you can’t race, come on out and cheer and bring some handups or a good heckle. Please, don’t be that guy who asks what trails are open during the race, just race, it’s funner.